Hummus Plate


Protein

Hummus

If I was feeling more ambitious, I would've made my own. That said, a few tablespoons of store-bought hummus works just fine.

Starch

Crackers

Stoned Wheat Thins to be precise. The kidlet has been on a real cracker frenzy lately, so I'm hoping these should be a hit.

Dairy

Cheese Shapes

I know my dairy offerings have been a bit repetitive, but dairy only comes in so many forms. So far neither plain yogurt nor tzatziki have gone over terribly well. He goes through banana yogurt three or four pots at a time at home, but apparently the pot is key and he didn't seem to be a big fan once it was being served out of the lunchbox. And cheese is great, but he only really likes Cheddar right now. So more cheese shapes it is!

Vegetable

Cucumber Shapes

These have being going over really well so far. I was a bit surprised honestly. He used to be a cucumber fiend, but he suddenly stopped liking it a few months ago, and I didn't realize it was back on the menu again. Certainly not complaining! Just surprised.

Fruit

Apple Slices

I guess I could've done shapes here as well, but I figured he had lots of shapes already and I didn't feel like trying to optimize my apple cutting to fit more cut-outs.

Treat

M&Ms

Since there's already a whole bunch of hummus in this one, I didn't really feel like another dip was necessary. I opted to fill the small well with a treat instead.

Comments