Thousand Island Dressing

The Kidlet needed some thousand island dressing for a recipe that she wanted to try out. I don't generally keep salad dressing on hand and I didn't want to buy a whole bottle for the 2 Tbsp. that she'd need for her recipe, so we decided to make our own. It's easy enough to toss together and can be scaled up or down depending on how much you need.

Thousand Island Dressing

Slightly adapted from Food.com

Ingredients

  • 1/4 c. mayonnaise
  • 1 Tbsp. ketchup
  • 1/2 Tbsp. vinegar1
  • 1 tsp. sugar
  • 1 tsp. sweet pickle relish2
  • 1/4 tsp. dried minced onion
  • freshly ground black pepper, to taste

Directions

  1. Combine all ingredients and mix well.



1 The original recipe called for white vinegar, but we opted to use apple cider vinegar instead. I think cane vinegar would also be good. Back
2 We didn't have any relish, but we did have some fancy pickle-flavoured ketchup, so we just used that and omitted the relish. I think this was fine, but I think I'd like it even better with the relish in. Back

Comments