Ravioli Dinner

Unfortunately today features another sub-par photo under less than ideal lighting. It was a busy day and I ended up falling asleep shortly after putting the kidlet to bed. By the time I woke up and got his lunch made, daylight was well gone so a photo under natural light was not an option. I did the best I could indoors, but it still came out a bit dimmer and more shadowed than I'd like.


Protein

Meatballs

Obviously homemade meatballs would be preferable, but pre-cooked frozen meatballs work just fine in a pinch.

Starch & Dairy

Cheese & Spinach Ravioli

I've been having trouble coming up with dairy foods that the kidlet actually likes. I figured, being filled with cheese, the ravioli would make a decent offering in both the starch and dairy categories.

Vegetable

Bell Pepper


Fruit

Grapes

The original plan was to do up a bunch of cantaloupe shapes for the fruit here but, given that it was already very late and I was very tired, I decided to leave the melon for another day and substitute low-effort grapes.

Dip

Ketchup

I did make a lovely tomato-spinach cream sauce for the ravioli, but the kidlet wasn't a hugs fan of it at dinner tonight, so I opted to scrape most of the sauce off the pasta in his lunchbox and give him a bit of ketchup for dipping instead.

Comments