Apple-Pepper Special


Protein

Tuna Salad Stuffed Mini Bell Peppers

Feel free to use your favourite tuna salad recipe here. If using full-sized bell peppers, I might've gone with some more interesting inclusions. But given that I only need a couple tablespoons to stuff a few mini peppers I just went with a pretty basic mix: tuna, mayo, dried onion, pepper, and just a touch of mustard.

Starch

Hummus & Apple Pocket Sandwiches

Just a bit of hummus and thinly sliced apple. I was going to make them both on brown bread, but the 12-grain that I have right now doesn't work very well with the little sandwich stamps I have, so I switched to white bread for the second one.

Dairy

Apple & Cheddar Quesadillas

Ingredients

  • 1 tortilla
  • 2 Tbsp. shredded Cheddar
  • 1/3 apple, sliced

Directions

  1. Cut tortilla in half.
  2. Sprinkle one tortilla half with a Tbsp. of cheese.
  3. Layer apples on top, sprinkle with remaining cheese, and top with second tortilla half.
  4. Toast in toaster oven until cheese is hot and melty.

Vegetable

Mini Bell Pepper Rings


Fruit

Apple Slices


Dip

Ketchup

Comments